**To save you from reading more boring posts about doctors appointments, I'll just combine a couple so we can try to get caught up to present time:
June 12 appointment:
I had my 3rd Doctors appt. in 3 weeks today. I must say it's kind of nice to be able to see your baby each week and get that extra reassurance that everything is ok. Anthony wasn't able to go this time but I asked him if he could take off for the next one in 3 weeks...seems so far away! Everything looked great again. The baby had definitely gotten bigger and Dr. Pohl mentioned that it had a lot of room to grow, which is good. He said the babies that usually get in trouble are the ones who don't have a very big gestational sac to grow in. He also noted and showed me 2 spots around the outside of my endometrium. I can't recall what he said they were called but he explained that it had something to do with my low progesterone. He again stressed thats why it was so important that I'm taking the Prometrium. The 2 spots are nothing to worry about but he said they will probably clot off and make their way out (glad he told me so I'll be prepared and not freak out!).
He measured the baby and it stayed right on track showing that it's right at 7 weeks, so Dr. Pohl made my official due date January 29, 2013! I asked him when we'd be "out off the woods" and he said normally it would be 8 weeks, but because of this whole progesterone thing, not until 10 weeks...3 weeks! It feels so far away! I saw the heartbeat again and he made a picture plus a dvd for me! So neat to be able to show Anthony since he wasn't there. I also met with him in his office as he had a couple things he wanted to ask/share with me. First he wrote my due date on the back of a card, lol. Then he asked if I was planning on having a natural vaginal childbirth. I said yes and he replied "good, that's how I believe it was meant to be anyways, I have a very low c-section rate as well". Glad to hear that as I do not plan on having a c-section unless absolutely necessary. And, we're going to attempt no epidural as well...we will see! He also discussed the optional 12/13 week ultrasound (the nuchal fold scan) to do genetic testing for down syndrome, etc. Anthony and I haven't discussed this thouroughly yet, but I'm leaning towards no, because there is always that chance of a false positive which would just lead to extra worry. And, we will love our baby no matter what.
![]() |
| Baby B at 7 weeks! |
July 3 appointment:
July 3 is Anthony's dad's birthday. We had debated whether or not to let the family in on our little secret, but decided we would continue waiting until we got closer to the end of the first trimester.
Anthony was able to meet me at this appointment (he's only missed 1 so far). My vitals and weight were fine and we had another ultrasound as well. This one was the best by far because Baby B actually looked like a little baby and not just like a little peanut!! You could see it's legs and arms moving all around, it was so precious! The baby definitely put on a little show for us and even had the hicups at the end...melt my heart!! Baby B measure right around 1 1/2 inches and had a good strong heartbeat.
![]() |
| Baby B at 10 weeks! |
July 25 appointment:
Today we had the nuchal fold ultrasound and everything looked and measured great!! It was soo fun to see how much Baby B had grown!!! B was very wiggly and active this morning..so it took a while for the ultrasound tech to get a good picture of what she needed. We did get a cute picture of B with his/her hand in their mouth =)
![]() |
| Hand in mouth |



No comments:
Post a Comment