Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Finally! I've almost brought you guys up to speed with where we are at in life today!!
My first doctor's appointment (besides the quick bloodwork check) was on Wednesday, May 30th. Anthony was able to be there with me, which was nice since he couldn't go to the last baby's first appointment. I did the whole pee in a cup thing and the most exciting part was, we had our first ultrasound! And, it put our estimated due date at January 22, 2013! This was our first time actually getting to meet Dr. Pohl. He was very nice and asked us a lot of questions. It seemed he was really interested in getting to know us. My next appointment was scheduled for the following Tuesday at 3:45 for another ultrasound at 7 weeks. I still have to take the Prometrium (Progesterone) 100mg 3 times a day until I'm 12 weeks. The one positive thing about having to take the Prometrium was that I got to see the baby quite a few times because Dr. Pohl likes to scan about every other week until after the first trimester. I did ask if the progesterone deficiency was a one time thing, or if it will be something I'll have to do for each pregnancy...more than likely,  I will have to take it for each pregnancy.

Baby B's very first picture!


The ultrasound showed me measuring at 5 weeks 6 days. That wasn't too far off from going by the first day of my last period which had me a 6 weeks 1 day. What an amazing feeling it is to be able to be reassured that, yes, you do have a baby in there and it looks like a little egg at this point! I guess it was really just the yolk sac, but still cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment